Friday, 6 January 2012

Life | Mark Gonzales and lunch

First post of the year. First post of my newly reinvented blog. I am defiantly feeling 2012.

Today I decided that I would sit outside under the pagoda that shadows my parents room and have a nice and relaxing lunch.


I had managed to create quite the picnic for myself, with my purple teapot brewing some green tea, my Winnie the Pooh Glass full with ice cold water as it is really hot today, my cut Beatrix Potter mug that my Mum got me for Christmas, my lunch of odd things that I found in my fridge, my old, dinky Minolta Uniomat camera with a black and white film in to take meaningless photographs and the 95th edition of Oyster magazine.




I ended up reading an interview that Joseph Allen Shea with Mark Gonzales. It was really interesting and erratic. I became totally engrossed in the style of the piece. It was raw and honest, with no bull-shitting or fluffing around. You could really sense the type of person the Gonzales is. I really loves the way that it ended;

"Gonzales: …..Do you think that is a long enough interview?
Shea: Pardon me?
Gonzales: Is that a long enough interview?
Shea: Oh yeah, totally. I mean, I think there is so much, like, chitchat that doesn't need to be there, but, uh, yeah, yeah. It's totally fine…"

I felt like it really highlighted the bluntness of Gonzales and the fact that he really doesn't care what other epode think of him; he is totally comfortable with in his own skin and does thing exactly the way that he wants to.






The finally page of the 4 page interview is photocopy of a poem Gonzales wrote during the interview.


That was really the cherry on top of a brilliant interview-cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment