Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Life | Leaving Home in 11 Days.

Home. In 11 days I leave for Australia for University and I won't be coming back a lot.
I love where I live. I love farm life. I love being able to have my french doors and windows open 24/7 and not have to worry about pokey-nose neighbors or people breaking in an taking all of my things. I love the smell of the fresh morning air. I love the sound of the cows that are in the paddock, 20 metres away from my bedroom. I love the birds, especially the cheeky wee black fantails. I love my cats coming in wet and snuggling with me under my sheets at 2 in the morning. I love my dog doing the same thing, but smelling like lavender from waling trough, not around, the lavender plants. I love the perfect starry nights where I sit on my beanbag staring into oblivion. I love being able to go for a run and not feel like an dot because of what I am wearing/what my face looks like. I love the honestly of the land. I love looking out my window and seeing all the land that my Dad owns and farms with pride. I love the way that my mother and father are. I love the way that the land has shaped the character of my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment